World-class competence on ropes
Teknova is proud to present some of the world’s most regarded ropes experts in a specialist seminar in Kristiansand, Norway. For three days, we aim to bring forward the technical, safety and regulation aspects of steel and fiber ropes.
The seminar will be punctuated by technical talks and case studies. The targeted audience includes engineers, crane designers, chief scientists, researchers, rope users and manufacturers. The communication level at the workshop will be technical but adapted to non-specialists.
Click this link for the full program
Specialists and topic overview
Day 1: Focus on Fiber Ropes
- Short presentations of Teknova, SFI Offshore Mechatronics and NODE
- «Limits, challenges and opportunities for the safe use of fiber rope in running applications» by Rudolf Kirth
- «General learnings from the new FEM guideline 5.024» by Rudolf Kirth
Day 2: Focus on Fibers and on Ropes
- “High Performance Fibers and their use in engineered ropes for dynamic applications” by Paul Smeets, DSM Dyneema
- «Influence of Environment on Corrosion of Wire Rope in Seawater» by Prof. Richard Chaplin
- «The Tension/Torsion response of Wire Rope» by Prof. Richard Chaplin
- «Case studies of applications and operations where rope torsion is an issue» by Prof. Richard Chaplin
Day 3: Focus on Testing
- «Wire Rope NDT» by Prof. Richard Chaplin
- «Explore the hidden world behind MRT Signals» by Dr. Stephane Pernot, Letscan
- «Lifting and Mooring systems – qualification and testing» by Hans-Erik Berge, DNV GL
The Scandic Grimstad hotel is a nice hotel close to the University of Agder, in Grimstad. The hotel is perfect base for exploring charming town.
Telephone: (0047) 372 50 802 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click this link for directions (will open Google Maps in a new tab)
Please be aware that accomodation is to be booked directly - by the participants themselves - with the Scandic Grimstad hotel Booking. Please use "TEK271117" as booking code to obtain our special conference rates at NOK 1140,- per night including breakfast.
To maintain a close contact with the specialists, the workshop attendance is limited to 60 delegates. Allocation of space is on a first-come, first-served basis
The price of the 3 day seminar including lunches is 6000 NOK ex VAT.
In acknowledgements for the co-sponsorship of NODE, UiA, Vest & Aust Agder and Kristiansand commune, companies located in Agder or members of the NODE cluster get a 50 % discount on the seminar cost, that is a three day seminar including lunches for 3000 NOK ex VAT.