Den Gule Merket Ultra
Self Support race (GPS orientation) without timing with start / finish at Bringbusætra, lap race clockwise or counterclockwise direction for each runner that it will be up the Organizers mood :D
On an adventure forest with beautiful and light trails across Bringbu towards Raudsfjellet.
You must have a public profile on strava.com to compete and you must register at:
4 loops of 11,45 km & 255 D+ = 45,8 km & ca 1000 D+
Everybody start at 10:00 a.m. and the Organizers will decide which direction (clockwise or counterclockwise) to take for each loop and you should not take a new loop until you know which direction applies to the new one.
There will be no winner no matter what time you finish it, if you want to compete to win it`s mandatory to run a loop more in addition to everyone who gives up, which means you have to wait for everyone who finishes on the loop #4 before taking the last loop (#5).
If there are more competitors who want to continue, there will be so many loops it will need to be only 1 taking a doble loop over everyone.
Rule that apply to a possible duel with 1 or more, is that the organizer will decide regardless of the directions to all participants who continue.
Participants A and B must start the loop #5 with direction (clockwise or counterclockwise) determined by organizer (different or same direction), if participant A is first to finish it, he / she must take 1 loop more and finish it before the participant B for to win the competition otherwise, it will be a draw if participant A and/or B doesn't want to continue.
So if you wanna win you must take a doble loop over anyone on trail.
N.B. It's not allowed to carry on the track any kind of hydration gear or food, it means that you can run on the track just with your running clothes/shoes without any kind of backpack, drinking belt or bottles; but you kan drink water from the rivers with your own hands.
Entry fee should cover only medals for anyone who completes 4 loops and possibly an extra prize to the winner.
All participants must fix their own food / drink station only in the Bringbusætra area but the Organizers will serve some surprise ;)
There is drinking water opportunity nearby (Birkebeiner water source)
-It's not supposed to be easy!
I DECLARE AND HAVE UNDERSTOOD:
1. I will be at least 21 years old by the start of the Race.
2. I have a good understanding of both written and spoken English.
3. I declare that I am physically fit and have sufficient training and knowledge to be able to try to complete and properly look after myself on the trail also in case of extreme weather condition or fatigue during Den Gule Merket Ultra 2020.
4. I accept full responsibility for my own safety and well being while on the trail.
5. I will provide my own transportation to and from the event and in case of D.N.F.
6. I grant permission for the Organizer to take and use photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and any other media records of me during this event, for any legitimate purposes.
7. The registration fee is not refundable
8. I have read, understood and agree with all of the statements contained within the registration.
Participants take part at their own risk and the Organizer, their sponsors and their appointed officials shall not be liable for any death or injury, loss or damage, suffered or otherwise , and howsoever arising. The Race Management have complete autonomy during the Race and their decisions are final.
Any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and any other media records of this event may be taken and used by the Organizer for any legitimate purposes, including any commercial and marketing uses, and/or to be uploaded onto public sites and channels. The Organizer owns all rights to the photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Race.