The Structural Essential series is a set of intensive soft-tissue technique courses divided into functional regions. Combining movement and manual techniques for the most efficient and long-lasting results, and using the latest research on the interaction between skeleton, muscles, joints, and fascial proprioceptors, this series of workshops will take you to a new level in therapy.
Designed with the busy manual therapist in mind, each Structural Essentials event gives you a new understanding of the relevant area. The content will outline how the structural and functional anatomy relates to many common issues as well as to the rest of the body. Based on many new and established approaches this series will give you the skills in palpation, BodyReading and functional analysis needed for the modern multidisciplinary therapist.
Arches and the Legs
Underpinning all of our structure is the foot’s interaction with the ground, imbalances here clearly have consequences further up the body. Effective arch balance can be essential for easy and graceful walking, pelvic stability, low back efficiency and even head and neck support. The feet and legs are literally the foundation for the rest of our structure and this workshop will analyze the bones of the feet and how they conspire to help or hinder the arches. We will look at the forces coming from the leg muscles and create strategies to help maintain better mechanics by dealing with myofascial restrictions and imbalances.
The Knee and Thigh – A complicated hinge in the middle of two long levers is perhaps not the best of designs – but this “elbow designed by committee” is an excellent work of engineering. The knee joint mediates forces coming down from the hip and up from the foot and still allows a wide range of movement in all but the frontal plane.
- How to differentiate your analysis of the foot and legs from the rest of the mechanical chain, giving an accurate reading of their skeletal relationships
- How to assess and then provide good foot and leg support through the three (or four) arches of the foot
- How the arches act in walking and standing and their relationship to the pelvis and the AT lines
- How to balance the support the arches receive from the long muscles of the calf
- Effective strategies to unwind rotational compensations in the foot, the tibia-fibula complex and the knee.
- Learn how the structures of the knee and thigh co-operate to achieve this and learn to recognize some of the structural dysfunctions that can occur.
- BodyRead the various imbalances which can occur
- Learn to balance the common rotational movements of the knee
The Pathway towards professional Certification
Anatomy Trains Structural Integration
Bergen, Norway 2019/2020
Everybody needs to start with the Anatomy Trains Structure and Function 3-day overview class, where we get to know you and you get to know us. Follow up with our six regional anatomy workshops.
In Part two, students apply the assessments and techniques from Part one, to practice a 3-series protocol of Structural Integration with clinical practice on outside models in a 10-day program. This is most of all a taste and preparation into a deeper understanding
Part three is 2 intencive x 15-days classes where the students are taught and tested in the full 12-series designed program of Structural Integration. Graduates form this program are certified to practice ATSI and join the International Association of Structural Integrators (IASI). https://www.theiasi.net
Note: To be able to apply for part III you need to have completed and gotten approved previous part II.
Contact Therese at email@example.com to recive a application form
Overview class - Anatomy Trains, Structur & Function - 3 days with Thomas Myers - March 1st-3rd. 2019 - 6500 NOK
Note: It is strongly recommended to take the Anatomy Trains in Structure & Function course, before taking the SE courses. Familiarity with the Anatomy Trains lines and concepts is key to getting the most from the program. Before entering into part II you need to have compleated ATSF+ the 6SE courses.
Part I: The six Structural Essentials
- Arches and the Legs – 3 days - with Don Thompson - June 14th-16th 2019 - 6500 NOK
- Fans of the Hip – 2 ½ days - with Kai K. Høgberg - Aug. 30th- Sept. 1st 2019 - 5500 NOK
- Abdomen, Chest & Breath – 2 ½ days - w/Don Thompson - Oct. 25th-27th 2019 - 5500 NOK
- Tensegrity Spine – 2 days - with Michael Watson - February 1st-2nd. 2020 - 4550 NOK
- Shoulders & Arms – 2 days - with Don Thompson - March 7th- 8th. 2020 - 4550 NOK
- Head, Neck & Jaw – 2 days - with Owen Lewis - April 4th- 5th. 2020 - 4550 NOK
Part II: Structural Strategies - 3 series
10 days - with Michael Watson & Don Thompson - April 17th-26th. 2020 - 26 000 NOK
Part III: Structural Integration - 12 series - 67 000 NOK
15 days - Teachers; Thomas Myers(19th-23rd Sept) Lou Benson & Don Thompson - September 19th. - October 3rd. 2020
15 days - Teachers; Lou Benson & Don Thompson - October 17th- October 31st. 2020
Please note the registration is binding. There is no return of deposit three months prior to the course start. No return of course fee one month before course start.
*Note! f you pay the deposit to secure your participation, you must pay the remaining course fee within the EB deadline in order to benefit from the discount. If not ordinary fee will be charged.
Information about the Anatomy Trains host in Norway : www.bergenbodywork.no
Information about Anatomy Trains courses worldwide: www.antomytrains.com